Monday, September 14, 2009

Homemade play dough

This is the first time I made play dough. It is very simple. All you need is :

1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of salt
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Few drops of food coloring

Just mix all these ingredients together in a cooking pot and set over a medium heat while stirring constantly until the mixture becomes a ball. This should only take a few minutes.
Then remove from the stove and place the ball on the counter and add the food coloring then begin kneading the ball. (Be careful, the ball will be warm from the stove).
Knead for 1 to 2 minutes, then let it cool.
You'll want to wear gloves or your hands will turn the color of the coloring.




I keep in a zipper bag. It can keep up to few weeks.

These are our creation! The smaller caterpillar and and apple my daughter made. All the shapes my daughter cut it and I add some design. So "pai ser" my art is not that good.






3 comments:

amycheah said...

what a lovely design u all have made ...well done!

Jesse Tan said...

thank you Amy

lily said...

Very cute! I love this idea!